When I first saw the site, I was fascinated and began going there each day. It was like an adventure where I discovered something new each day. Over the years, I saw more and more options and material made available. My poor health made me home bound, but LDS.org gave me wings. An example is that I could not go out to the Family History Library to research my ancestors, but I didn't need to. The library came to me! (see familylsearch.org)
Here are some of the ways LDS.org is helping make my life richer:
- Studying the Scriptures https://www.lds.org/scriptures?lang=eng - I can make the print large enough for me to read, or I can listen to the scriptures being read to me. With a click on a footnote, I'm instantly at the scripture.
- Reading Church Magazines https://www.lds.org/magazine?lang=eng - It is so easy to read any time or anywhere. I love being able to make notes and mark them in fun colors.
- Finding Answers to my Questions https://www.lds.org/topics?lang=eng - I love to ask questions! I use the Search box in the top right of the page to help me find answers. I especially like the Gospel Topics entries and their Essays which provide more information on difficult topics.
- Access to FamilySearch.org https://familysearch.org/ - Records are at my fingertips and my stories and photos are safely stored in "The Cloud"
- Seeing Church News and Inspirational Materials on the Home Page https://www.lds.org/church/news?lang=eng - This page gives me a lift. There is always something uplifting there to help me with my challenges.
- Helps for Teaching Lessons https://www.lds.org/topics/serve-and-teach/lessons-and-teaching?lang=eng - All the manuals are easily accessible online. I especially like to study the Seminary manuals that go with the lesson I am studying in church.
- Helps for My Calling https://www.lds.org/callings/?lang=eng - Guides, resources, forms - all I need is there.
- Communicating with Ward Members (My Account and Ward - Directory) - We just moved to a new town and being able to see pictures of my new neighbors and have their contact information has really helped us feel a part of our new ward .
- Finding Wards to Visit While Traveling https://www.lds.org/maps/meetinghouses - Complete with maps, meeting times, and driving directions. (also for other Church facilities in an area)
- Listening to Hymns and Music Videos https://www.lds.org/music?lang=eng- I can even just listen to my singing part.
- Watching Inspiring Videos https://www.lds.org/media-library/video?lang=eng - The Life of Christ Videos have deeply touched me and helped me to come to know the Savior better.
- Paying My Tithing Online (My Account and Ward - Donations) - Simple and Easy
- Finding Resources about Self-Reliance https://providentliving.lds.org/?lang=eng - What emergency food should I store and how. It helped me to feel more prepared after reading how to deal with disasters.
- Finding Help Dealing With Life https://www.lds.org/topics/families-and-individuals/lifes-challenges/hope-and-help?lang=eng - I appreciate all the articles about dealing with life- especially how to be a good parent and spouse, and dealing with challenges.
- Finding Information About Temples https://www.lds.org/church/temples?lang=eng - When that temple is open and closure dates.
- Having Beautiful Photos to Enjoy and Help Me Teach The Gospel https://www.lds.org/media-library/images?lang=eng - I like the temple pictures and the Gospel Art pictures best.
- Ordering Church Materials Online https://store.lds.org - What ever I need is promptly shipped right to my home.
- Learning About Volunteer Service Opportunities https://www.lds.org/topics/serve-and-teach/volunteer-time-and-talent?lang=eng - This is where I learned about serving a Church Service Mission without leaving my home. I can tag photos if I have some spare moments.
- Keeping Up on the Church's Humanitarian Efforts https://www.lds.org/topics/serve-and-teach/how-church-is-helping?lang=eng - It is important to me to know what is going on in the world and to know what I can do to help.
- Learning About Apostles and Prophets https://www.lds.org/topics/serve-and-teach/how-church-is-helping?lang=eng - The Teachings of the President manuals are online are easy to read online. I enjoy reading about The Prophet and Apostles on the Living Prophets and Church Leaders site.
- Employment Help https://www.ldsjobs.org/ers/ct/?lang=eng - I haven't needed it, but it is nice to know it is there.
- Resources for Teaching Children the Gospel https://www.lds.org/children?lang=eng- I love all the articles, photos, songs and activities on a topic. I confess that I have done the Matching activities several times. They're fun!
- Missionary Information https://www.lds.org/callings/missionary?lang=eng - I found answers to lots of questions there such as what to wear, or where a certain mission is located.
- Mormon.org https://www.mormon.org/eng - Great Basic answers to Gospel Questions and Missionary Referral Form
Yes, LDS.org is helping me live a more fulfilling life. I wouldn't want to live without it!